It’s that time of year where the cold weather and holiday season is soon approaching us; we begin to use heat in our homes frequently to stay warm. The downside of frequently using heat during the winter time, mold can start growing on your homes inside walls. Mainly on surfaces that are closer to the outside of your home. The exposure to mold can cause serious health conditions and allergies to your family and house guests. Although there may not be a particular way to remove all of molds and mold spores indoors, here are some helpful tips to prevent mold growth during the winter season:
- Maintain moisture control indoors
- If you notice any leaks in your roof or windows it’s important to repair that as soon as possible.
- Keep your attic well insulated and ventilated.
- Maintain a regular cleaning schedule especially kitchens, bathrooms and other areas that may cause a lot of moisture.
- Keep clothes dryers vented to the outdoors.
- Crawl spaces should be covered with waterproof polyethylene plastic.
- Crawl spaces with vents should be closed in the summer time and open during the winter.
Any indoor mold problems should be addressed immediately. If there is suspicion of any presence of mold let Core Environmental test your home or building.
Contact us today