Exposure To Mold

The Environmental Protection Agency cities indoor exposure to mold is a cause to many health issues that includes asthma, allergic reactions and sinusitis. Indoor mold growth as well as air quality concerns can be severe. Today there is more evidence that links indoor exposure to mold with upper respiratory tact symptoms, cough wheezing and development to asthma.

Mold can grow on any organic substance when moisture and oxygen are present making it often unseen. Mold can grow mold at any place where moist is present, such as windows, pipes, leaky roofs, drywalls, flooding and HVAC evaporation. Mold can grow well on paper products and ceiling tiles, wood products, fabric and carpet.

If you notice any type of water spill or leak in your home, timing is crucial as mold can grow as quickly as 24-72 hours after building materials have become saturated. The key to mold control is to maintain the moisture in your home. Remediation can identify and correct the conditions of mold growth as well as taking the proper steps to remove damaged materials safely and effectively.

Mold comes in many variations and forms each with different levels of possible harm to the human body. If you suspect a mold problem in your property contact Core Environmental right away and schedule an inspection and protect the health and safety for you and your family.






Comments are closed.